DX 12 najavljen za konzole, pc i mobilne platforme

Microsoft first unveiled DirectX 11 in 2008. Since then, the graphics API has been updated to 11.1 with the introduction of Windows 8, and updated once again to 11.2 with Windows 8.1. However, Microsoft is finally ready to introduce the next big update to its DirectX platform.

DirectX 12 is coming, but more details are due at Game Developer’s Conference this month.

Windows graphics development manager Anuj Gosalia will be speaking at the event to reveal first details on the new API. “You asked us to bring you even closer to the metal and to do so on an unparalleled assortment of hardware,” the event description reads. By going “closer to the metal,” the new architecture promises to offer more console-like performance out of hardware. AMD’s Mantle tech promises to do the same, but its adoption is unlikely to match DX12.

“You also asked us for better tools so that you can squeeze every last drop of performance out of your PC, tablet, phone and console,” the description adds.

To je planirano da implementiraju onih 32mb sto nikome nije jasno cemu sluze :slight_smile: i da xo dobije 1080p.

Poslato sa tastatrue koja pravi greske!

za koje konzole? ps5 i x2?

E sada dobijate pravi NEXT GEN lol

Ovo mu dodje jos jedan pokusaj da maknu ljude sa Windows 7 i to da svi predju na novije sisteme.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Microsoft teases DirectX 12 reveal for GDC 2014, including Xbox One
Could an Xbox One graphical upgrade already be on the cards?
The Xbox One may not even be four months old, but it seems it may already be in line for some back-end upgrades in the shape of an upgrade to Microsoft’s popular graphical API DirectX in a reveal due to take place at this year’s Games Developers Conference in San Francisco…
News: Microsoft teases DirectX 12 reveal for GDC 2014, including Xbox One - Total Xbox.com